EmpowerAndHelp Global Awareness Challenge 2020
Students who attend grades 6-12 within US school system are eligible . Pre-Registration is open for year 2021
Steps to Submit your Video for Challenge:
1. Register Here to confirm your entry. (Please select option “EmpowerAndHelp Global Awareness Challenge 2020”. You can put NA for fields asking for allergies or learning disabilities – As we are using one form for all our registrations). Parents and guardians are encouraged to assist, but the student must do the majority of the work! You can participate individually or in a group. Every participating child will have to be individually registered.
2. Create a video. Currently we are only accepting videos in Language:English.
- Create a video on the Global Crisis you want to raise awareness.
- The video should be no longer than five (5) minutes in length .
- Please submit the video using standard video formats like MOV (.mov), MPEG-4 (.mp4), FLV (.flv), or WMV (.wmv) – accepted by youtube.
- The video must not include third-party intellectual property or copyright-protected content, like logos on shirts or branded products visible in the background. Video should have all original content.
- Avoid sensitive topics that could be perceived as disrespectful, threatening, exclusive or offensive toward any person, group, or organization (e.g. name calling, political parties, religious themes, etc.).
- Please get appropriate permissions and/or credit the source of any third-party content referenced during the speech.
3. Ask yourself if your video is responding to below queries -.
- Why did you pick this particular Global Crisis?
- What geographical areas are impacted by the crisis?
- What organizations or individuals are working towards solving the crisis?
- What resources are required to help tackle the crisis?
- What solution you are proposing to help tackle the crisis?
- What is your message for the community watching this video right now?
4. Submit your video
- Email us a signed release form from a parent or guardian for each student appearing in the video along with the video in Single email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers/Parents – If you are submitting entries on behalf of your students, the entry must be in the student’s name, not yours.
- If you are participating in a Group, please send your Group Name, Group Leader Name and Name of Participants along with the video. Email should have signed release form for every person appearing in video – Please send all information in a single email to avoid any confusion.
- Entry indicates participants and parents or guardians agree to give EmpowerAndHelp ownership of video content.
Winners Selection Process:
- Selected videos will be uploaded on our youtube channel. All contestants should be registered beforehand. Videos will be officially accepted, selected and judged only from registered contestants who have emailed the release form and completed registration process.
- Videos will be then analyzed by a panel of judges at EmpowerAndHelp using following criteria 1) Tone 2) Message 3)Creativity 4)Quality .
- Final results will be published on our website.
- PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY. THE EMPOWERANDHELP GLOBAL CHALLENGE IS OPEN ONLY TO STUDENTS ATTENDING GRADES 6-12 IN US. YOUR REGISTRATION CONFIRMS THE ACCEPTANCE OF CONTEST RULES.