Empower And Help Global Awareness Challenge 2021
Students who attend grades 6-12 within the US school system are eligible.
Steps to Submit your Video for Challenge
Register Here to confirm your entry. (Please select the option “Empower And Help Global Awareness Challenge 2021”. You can put “NA” for fields asking for allergies or learning disabilities as we are using one form for all our registrations). Parents and guardians are encouraged to assist, but the student must do the majority of the work! You can participate individually or in a group. Every participating child will have to be individually registered.
2. Create a Video:
- Create a video on the Global Crisis you want to raise awareness about.
- Video submissions should not surpass 4 minutes in length.
- Please submit the video using standard video formats like MOV (.mov), MPEG-4 (.mp4), FLV (.flv), or WMV (.wmv) – accepted by youtube.
- The video must not include third-party intellectual property or copyright-protected content, like logos on shirts or branded products visible in the background. Videos should have all original content.
- Avoid sensitive topics that could be perceived as disrespectful, threatening, exclusive, or offensive toward any person, group, or organization (e.g. name-calling, political parties, religious themes, etc.).
- Please get appropriate permissions and/or credit the source of any third-party content referenced during the speech.
- Submit your videos with the release form in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for video submissions
- Adding visual aids, graphs, or graphics, when applicable, can help with presenting your data. Be sure to credit all your sources of information.
- The addition of music where applicable can also add to the overall experience in the video. YouTube has unlicensed music you can add to your videos if you would like.
- Have fun with it! Your energy shows through a video. Pick a topic you enjoy or want to learn about, have fun, and get creative in presenting it.
- Follow the timing guidelines for your video and keep in mind that if you have a lot of information on the screen, you need to give the viewer ample time to read everything.
- If you are doing a voiceover for a slideshow, minimize the words on the screen, let your voice do the talking and explaining. These tips make it easier to follow along.
- Have a clear voice in the video so the viewer can clearly hear your message.
- Remember to offer a solution for your chosen topic. You can either come up with an original solution, find an organization or person working to solve the issue you are presenting, or think of different ways to present a solution. Whatever you choose to do, you must have a solution to your problem.
- Talk about why you picked this particular Global Crisis? Who is affected by it? What is your message for the community watching this video right now? And how can your viewers help tackle the crisis?
3. Submit your Video:
- Please email us a signed release form from a parent or guardian for each student appearing in the video along with the video in a single email at email@example.com
- Teachers/Parents – If you are submitting entries on behalf of your students, the entry must be in the student’s name, not yours.
- If you are participating in a Group, please send your Group Name, Group Leader Name, and Name of Participants along with the video. Each participant in the group should be Registered.
- Video submitted in a group with a high school and middle school team member will be judged in the High school category.
- Email should have a signed release form for every person appearing in the video – Please send all information in a single email to avoid any confusion at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entry indicates that participants and parents or guardians agree to give Empower And Help ownership of video content.
4. Judging Process
Our panel of esteemed expert judges will be looking for the following specific factors when judging your video. They will be following the following rubric. Videos will be officially accepted, selected, and judged only from registered contestants who have emailed the release form and completed the registration process.
- Message: This is what you want the judges and the world to know about your cause. It is your time to educate and raise awareness on your topic. It needs to be clear what the issue is and easy to understand.
- Organization of information: The best way to get a message across is by being organized. Present your data in a logical way that flows and is easy to follow.
- Originality/creativity: This is your time to shine! You want the content of your video to be unique and something that you came up with on your own. Get creative, think outside of the box, and have fun!
- Tone: The tone of the video is how you feel about your topic. Let your passion for your subject come through. Different issues may warrant different tones. For example, sad topics will have low tones, but maybe they will have an optimistic tone when you present a viable solution at the end of the video.
- Impression: You want to leave the judges with a lasting impact after they watch your video. You want them to learn something new, elicit a specific feeling, and leave them thinking about your video and topic long after they have finished watching it.
- Solution: Every issue needs a solution. The judges will be looking for your unique solution ideas to your chosen topic. You can present original solutions that you came up with, or you can highlight an organization working to help find a solution to the problem.
- Credit: You need to give credit to those who provided you with information. You need to include citations at the end of your presentation to receive credit in this category.
- Timeliness: All videos must be submitted by August 31, 2021, to be eligible for judging. If you submit after the deadline, your video will be automatically disqualified.
Final Results :
Selected videos will be uploaded on our youtube channel.
Final results will be also updated on our website at Winners Page.
Please look at Winners 2020
Please look at the Awards and Sponsorship page also